Nacho Recipes for Game Day
Nacho Recipes for Game Day
Looking for a dish that has all the flavor without the fuss? We’ve got you covered with nacho recipes that make snacking like a pro easy while you’re rooting for your team during your basketball tournament watch party. Carnitas Nachos? Check. Loaded Nachos? Check. And try our Greek Nachos too. We’ll fill you in on how to make the perfect nacho layers, what oven temperature gives you just the right amount of ooey, gooey deliciousness and more.
Nacho Tips & Tricks
With all the ways to make nachos, they’re truly a snack that never gets old. One of the easiest ways to make this crowd-pleasing dish is in the oven. You simply layer and load all your ingredients onto a sheet pan, pop it in the oven and serve. Try our fan-favorite BBQ Nachos or our Vegetarian Sheet Pan Cheeseburger Sweet Potato Fries. Of course, temperature and cooking times will vary by recipe, but we’ve found that 350°F-400°F works best for most nachos. Another simple and delicious variety is our Nacho Skillet recipe. It's a win-win for all players involved, especially the clean-up crew.
The best part of nachos? Mixing and matching the toppings. From traditional guacamole, shredded lettuce and fresh jalapeño slices to cubed steak, shredded chicken and crumbled tofu, there’s really no wrong topping when it comes to nachos. Not sure which nacho ingredients to load up on? Try our Black Bean and Chorizo Sheet Pan Nachos. This is “nacho” average recipe. It’s piled high with chorizo, black beans, melted cheese, avocado and a cilantro cream.
Want to feel better about filling up on game day? Swap the tortilla chips for something more fresh and colorful...like our Bell Pepper Nachos or Grilled Zucchini Nachos. Or you can keep your chip game going strong with our Organic Sweet Potato Chicken Nachos. These homemade nachos are lighter, organic and piled high with sweet potato tortilla chips, salsa-seasoned shredded chicken and more of your favorite fixings.
Ready to treat your fans to slam dunk nacho recipes? In addition to the recipes featured above, we’ve handpicked a few more dishes that are sure to make your crowd go wild.
Prep: 20 mins. Total: 30 mins. Serves: 4
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound ground turkey
2 tsp. taco seasoning
3 cups Tostitos® Bite Size Tortilla Chips
1 cup Kroger® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
1⁄4 cup red onion, sliced
1⁄2 lime, wedges
1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
1 jalapeño, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the onions until tender, then add the garlic and ground turkey. Cook for 5-8 minutes, then season with the taco seasoning. Cook until the outside is no longer pink.
- Spread the chips on the prepared baking sheet and spread the ground turkey evenly over the chips.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the ground turkey and bake for 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the ground turkey is fully cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and top with cherry tomatoes, red onion, lime wedges, cilantro and jalapeño.
- Serve with guacamole and refrigerate leftovers.
Prep: 10 mins. Total: 25 mins. Serves: 4
1 package (12 oz.) Kroger® Traditional Tortilla Rounds White Corn Tortilla Chips 2 cups Kroger® Shredded Mexican Style Blend Cheese
1⁄4 cup Buffalo hot sauce, plus more to serve
1 can (15.25 oz.) Kroger® Black Beans, drained and rinsed
2 tsp. Kroger® Chili Powder
1⁄4 tsp. Kroger® Iodized Salt
1⁄3 cup Private SelectionTM Crumbled Blue Cheese 3⁄4 cup Kroger® Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
1⁄4 cup scallions, chopped
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
2 Tbsp. Kroger® Diced Jalapeño Peppers, optional 1 cup Simple TruthTM Traditional Guacamole
1⁄2 cup Kroger® Original Sour Cream
Cilantro, for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. On a large foil-lined rimmed baking sheet, spread chips evenly in single layer.
- In a medium bowl, toss together cheese and hot sauce.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine beans, chili powder and salt. On high, heat until warm, 2 minutes.
- Top chips with cheese and beans. Bake just until cheese melts, about 8-12 minutes. Remove from oven; top with blue cheese.
- Top nachos with remaining ingredients: lettuce, scallions, tomatoes, jalapeños, guacamole and sour cream. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
Prep: 10 mins. Total: 20 mins. Serves: 6
3 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
1⁄2 cup Private SelectionTM Kentucky Bourbon Craft BBQ Sauce, plus more for drizzling if desired 8 oz. Private SelectionTM Taqueria Style Corn Tortilla Chips
8 oz. smoked Gouda, shredded
4 oz. mild cheddar, shredded
1⁄2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeño, sliced
1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Coat shredded chicken with BBQ sauce.
- On baking sheet, spread tortilla chips in an even layer. Top with 1⁄2 the shredded cheeses, BBQ chicken and remaining cheese.
- Bake 8-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and chicken is heated through.
- Serve topped with cilantro, red onion, jalapeños and sour cream.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
How to Make a Nacho Skillet
Nacho night for the win! Make this simple one-skillet dish to satisfy rumbling tummies any night of the weekView Recipe