Bell Pepper Nachos
Swapping tortilla chips for colorful bell peppers is a tasty and fun way to get your whole family to eat their veggies!
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 2” wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 2” wedges
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 2” wedges
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 2” wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- On baking sheet, toss bell peppers with 2 tablespoons olive oil, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Arrange in single layer; bake 10 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sauté onion until tender. Add ground beef; crumble until cooked.
- Spoon ground beef over bell peppers. Spoon rice over ground beef. Sprinkle cheeses over. Bake 10-12 minutes, until cheese is melted. Top with guacamole, salsa and sour cream.