Zucchini ‘Pasta’ Salad
Fresh zucchini is transformed into elegant ribbons in this colorful salad. Mix it up by using yellow summer squash in combination with the green zucchini for a fresh look.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 small green zucchini
- 1 1⁄2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 Simple Truth Organic™ Mozzarella Cheese String, cut into ½” pieces (4 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Pitted Kalamata Olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Prepare a large bowl filled halfway with ice water. Wash and trim the zucchini and slice into ribbons using a vegetable peeler or a mandolin slicer, then submerge them in the ice water.
- In another bowl mix the remaining ingredients, except for the basil. Drain the zucchini ‘noodles’ and gently shake dry, adding to the bowl with the other ingredients, along with the basil.
- Gently toss the ingredients together and let marinate together for at least 30 minutes before serving.