Wine and Shallot Roasted Turkey Breast
Savory and sophisticated! Caramelized shallots and white wine add so many layers of flavor to roasted turkey.
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 2 hours 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 pounds turkey breast
- 4 shallots, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon Kroger® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup Kroger® Reduced Sodium Chicken Stock
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Pure Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Kroger® Unsalted Butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- Heat oven to 325°F. Arrange turkey skin side up in a shallow baking pan. Rub the turkey skin with olive oil. Sprinkle both sides of turkey with salt and pepper.
- Roast uncovered for 1 hour. Baste with pan juices. Scatter shallots in pan around turkey. Roast an additional hour or until internal temperature of the turkey reaches 160°F and shallots are tender. Remove turkey and shallots to serving platter and keep warm.
- Pour wine into baking dish and stir into pan juices, scraping up browned bits. Pour into measuring cup and add chicken stock to make 2 cups. Pour into small saucepan.
- Whisk in cornstarch, whisking until no lumps remain. Bring to a boil and cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in butter cubes until melted. Stir in herbs. Spoon over sliced turkey and shallots, to serve.