Werther’s Original Classic Caramel Apples
Coated in a quick-and-easy, ooey-gooey sauce, these sticky-sweet caramel apples are the ultimate fall treat.
Serves: 4Prep: 25 minutesCook: 2 minutesTotal: 27 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 28 pieces (about 10.8 oz.) Werther’s Original Soft Caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons 2% or whole milk
- 4 medium apples, washed and dried
- 4 popsicle sticks
- Chopped peanuts, optional
- Crushed cookies, optional
- Melted chocolate, optional
- Insert one popsicle stick into core of each apple.
- In quart-sized microwave-safe bowl, combine caramels and milk. Microwave on high, stirring frequently until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Dip apples in melted caramel mixture, using spoon to fully coat. For best results, let melted caramel cool a few seconds before dipping.
- Reserve on waxed paper until caramel sets, or refrigerate 15 minutes.
- For an extra special treat, press bottom of caramel-dipped apples into optional toppings. To finish, drizzle melted chocolate over apples.