Torta de Camarones (Mexican Shrimp Sandwiches)
These torta sandwiches are stuffed with all your favorite Mexican flavors, and make a great alternative to burritos.
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 teaspoons Kroger® Canola Oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 4 telera or bolillo rolls, split and toasted
- 1 cup refried black beans, heated
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Toss shrimp with fajita seasoning; add to pan. Cook 2-4 minutes, turning once until shrimp are pink and just cooked through. Set aside.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread about ¼ cup of refried beans on the bottom of each toasted roll. Evenly divide shrimp between sandwiches. Top with pico de gallo and avocado.
- Refrigerate leftovers.