Smoked BBQ Pork Burgers
These burgers recreate the flavor of slow smoked barbecue ribs in a fraction of the time!
Serves: 6Prep: 45 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup hickory wood chips, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 tablespoon Private Selection™ Texas Barbecue Seasoning Rub
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce, plus more for serving
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1 cup prepared coleslaw
- Heat grill to high. Drain wood chips and place in the center of a large square of heavy-duty foil; fold over and secure edges in to make a packet. Poke several holes in the top to allow smoke to escape. Place packet over gas burner and close lid until smoke starts; reduce heat to medium.
- Mix together pork and seasoning rub. Form into 6 burger patties.
- Grill burgers for 10-12 minutes, flipping once, or until internal temperature reaches 160°F. Baste burgers with barbecue sauce during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Serve burgers on toasted buns topped with coleslaw and additional sauce if desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: If you have a pellet smoker grill, you can skip the wood chips and simply use your grill as designed.