Slow Cooker Pollo Guisado (Chicken Stew)
Your crockpot does all the work for this slow-cooked Puerto Rican chicken. Just prepare the ingredients and come to the table for a traditional comfort meal without the fuss.
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Goya® Sofrito Tomato Sauce
- 4 cloves cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet (1.41 oz.) Sazón Goya® with Coriander & Annatto
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 russet potatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 pounds chicken leg quarters
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed green olives
- Water, if needed
- In slow cooker, combine tomato sauce, sofrito, garlic, sazon, chicken stock, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper, onion, potatoes and carrots. Add chicken and coat thoroughly. Scatter olives on top.
- If needed, use water to completely submerge chicken and vegetables.
- Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.