Sheet Pan Cornish Hens with Roasted Vegetables
This one-pan dinner makes for a romantic date night meal. Pop it in the oven and enjoy a glass of bubbly or an appetizer while it roasts. Then, divide the hens and vegetables between 2 plates. It’s that easy!
Serves: 2Prep: 15 minutesCook: 1 hour 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Simple Truth™ Natural Cornish Hens, thawed
- 2 olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1” pieces
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1” pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 6 ounces Private Selection™ Petite Purple Potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- With paper towels, pat hens dry and then place breast side up on large rimmed baking pan.
- In small bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon olive oil and the butter. Brush over hens. Season with half the salt and half the pepper.
- In medium bowl, stir together carrots, parsnips, onion, potatoes, remaining 1 tablespoon oil and remaining salt and pepper. Place vegetables in single layer around hens. Sprinkle hens and vegetables with thyme.
- Bake 60-75 minutes or until internal temperature of hens reaches 165°F, stirring vegetables twice during roasting.