Polynesian Beef Skewers
An island-inspired skewer that’s sweet, savory and delicious
Serves: 4Prep: 27 minutesCook: 8 minutesTotal: 35 minutes
- 1 pound Simple Truth™ Natural Beef Top Sirloin Steak, trimmed of fat
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into large chunks
- 1⁄2 yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 package (8 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Whole White Mushrooms
- 4 large bamboo skewers, soaked for 30 minutes
- Cut beef into 1” cubes. In a medium bowl, mix the wine, teriyaki sauce, sugar, vinegar, garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Prop open a resealable plastic bag. Add the beef and pour in the marinade. Seal the bag, turn to coat, and refrigerate for 2-24 hours.
- Remove the steak from the bag. Pour the rest of the marinade into a small saucepan and bring to boil over high heat for one full minute; remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Cut the pineapple, onion and red pepper into thick chunks and thread the steak, onion, mushrooms, pepper and pineapple alternately onto the skewers. Leave a little room between each piece so they can cook properly.
- Grill the skewers until cooked to desired doneness, about 6-8 minutes for medium rare. Turn the skewers once during cooking and baste frequently with the reserved marinade.