Plant-based Grilled Stuffed Burritos
To make your weeknight dinner even easier, try prepping over the weekend. Burritos can be quickly assembled and heated on the grill when it’s time to eat.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Tomato Juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup long grain white rice, rinsed
- 2 tsp. avocado oil
- 16 oz. Simple Truth™ Emerge Plant Based Meatless Grind
- 1 packet (1.12 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Spicy Taco Seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 can (16 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Fat Free Refried Pinto Beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups Simple Truth™ Non-Dairy Cheddar Style Shreds
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped
- 6 burrito size flour tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup Simple Truth™ Traditional Guacamole
- Place tomato juice, 1 cup water and salt in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil and stir in rice. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 18 minutes. Turn off heat and allow rice to stand covered for 10 minutes. Gently fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add meatless grind. Cook 5-8 minutes, breaking into pieces, until lightly browned and cooked through. Add taco seasoning and remaining ½ cup water. Cook an additional 2-4 minutes or until liquid is reduced and thickened; set aside.
- Heat grill to 300-350°F.
- To assemble burritos, layer beans, rice, seasoned grind, non-dairy cheddar shreds, tomatoes and onions on the lower third of each tortilla. Roll up tightly, tucking the ends in to completely enclose the fillings.
- Oil grill grates, place burritos on the grill and cook 8-10 minutes, flipping once, until tortillas are crisp and fillings are heated through. Tip: If you prep the fillings ahead of time and refrigerate, cook the burritos over lower heat so the inside has a chance to warm through before the tortilla gets overcooked.
- Serve burritos with guacamole for dipping.
- Refrigerate leftovers.