Paleo Sweet Potato Casserole
Let's "healthify" the sweet potato casserole. You’ll become a believer and will thank me after one taste, I promise!
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons Private Selection Organic Grade A Darker Amber Maple Syrup, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup Premium Coconut Milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon plus a pinch sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1⁄3 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil, softened
- Peel the sweet potatoes. Chop into large chunks, place in large pot and cover with water. Cover the pot and heat until boiling. Boil the potatoes until soft when poked with a fork, about 20-30 minutes. Drain into a colander and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place potatoes in a blender or a mixing bowl with 1/4 cup maple syrup, vanilla, eggs, coconut milk, 3/4 teaspoon sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Blend or mash until everything is well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Transfer the sweet potato mixture to an 8”x8” square casserole dish and spread it evenly.
- Mix together the almond flour, pecan pieces, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, tapioca flour, pinch of sea salt and coconut oil in a mixing bowl.
- Spread the topping over the sweet potato mixture as evenly as possible.
- Bake on the center rack of the preheated oven until golden brown around the edges and the topping is crispy, about 20-30 minutes.
- Allow the casserole to cool and set up for 20 minutes before serving.