Paleo One-Pot Slow Cooker Spaghetti Squash and Italian Sausage Meatballs
Seasoning your own Italian sausage means you create flavor without fillers or preservatives. Serve it over tender slow-cooked squash noodles for a delicious, better-for-you dish.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 jar (24-25 oz.) sugar-free marinara sauce
- 16 ounces Simple Truth™ Natural Ground Pork
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 large (about 3 lbs.) spaghetti squash, halved through center and deseeded
- In 5-quart or larger slow cooker, add marinara sauce.
- In large bowl, combine pork with seasonings. Shape into 16 loose meatballs. Arrange in single layer in sauce.
- Place squash, cut side up, gently over meatballs. Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours, until squash is tender and meatballs have an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Carefully remove squash; discard any collected liquid. Using a fork, scrape squash to create noodles.
- To serve, top spaghetti squash with meatballs and sauce.