Murray's Grilled Halloumi Skewers
These summer-ready grilled skewers – loaded with halloumi and sweet veggies – enhance any backyard soiree or family barbecue.
Serves: 6Prep: 45 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 ounces halloumi cheese, cut into 1” cubes
- 3 spicy green peppers, stems and seeds removed, cut into 1” squares
- 2 red bell peppers, stems and seeds removed, cut into 1” squares
- 1 zucchini, sliced into ½” segments
- 2 shallots, skin removed and cut into ½” squares
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 bunch mint, leaves roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- In large mixing bowl, toss vegetables with lemon juice and zest, olive oil and salt. Let marinate at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill or grill pan over medium heat. Note: If using wooden skewers, soak in water at least 20 minutes.
- On skewers, arrange cherry tomato, green pepper, shallot, red pepper, halloumi and zucchini, repeating until everything has been used.
- Grill each skewer about 5 minutes per side, until vegetables are just cooked and cheese has grill marks.
- Garnish with chopped mint.