Murray's Grilled Eggplant Rolls with Feta
With a gentle crispness and bright, lemony flavor, these bite-sized rolls are wrapped in lightly charred eggplant and complemented with tangy feta cheese.
Serves: 4Prep: 25 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 medium eggplant, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 11 ounces Murray’s Feta Cheese, drained and broken into small pieces
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups bulgur wheat
- 7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons Tahini
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In medium pot, cover bulgur wheat with 3 cups water and 1 tablespoon salt; bring to boil. Simmer 12 to 15 minutes, until bulgur has softened. Once cooked, use sieve to drain bulgur; run under cool water. Leave to drain.
- Drizzle eggplant slices with 3 tablespoons olive oil; season with 1 tablespoon salt. Grill eggplant slices about 3 minutes, flipping halfway through, until grill marks appear and eggplant has softened. On sheet tray, arrange in single layer to cool.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine bulgur and feta. Mix in garlic, cranberries, olives, pine nuts and half of the mint and parsley. Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; adjust seasoning as needed.
- To make rolls, spoon roughly 2 tablespoons bulgur mixture over each piece of grilled eggplant. Starting from the short end, roll eggplant up. Arrange on serving platter.
- In small mixing bowl, combine tahini, lemon juice and zest, honey, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 teaspoons salt; whisk to combine. Spoon dressing over eggplant rolls.
- Garnish with remaining parsley and mint.