Honey Cake with Pomegranate Glaze
Sweet, spicy and oh so delicious. Adding a pomegranate glaze and a few pomegranate seeds for a garnish will dress this cake up for a sweet celebration. Inspired by: Amy Becker, What Jew Wanna Eat
Serves: 24Prep: 45 minutesCook: 2 hoursTotal: 2 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Kroger® Ground Cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup warm coffee
- 1⁄4 cup whiskey
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Pomegranate seeds, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9”x5” or three 8”x4” loaf pans.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat oil, honey, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla on low speed 1 minute or until blended. Stir together coffee and whiskey. Gradually beat flour mixture and coffee mixture alternately into honey mixture on medium-low speed. Divide batter among pans.
- Bake 55-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 15 minutes. Loosen edges of pan; remove cakes. Cool at least 1 hour on cooling rack.
- In medium bowl, stir the pomegranate juice, lemon juice, and powdered sugar together. Drizzle over tops of loaves. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.