Grilled Tofu Tacos with Avocado Cream
Easy to put together and a great plant-based option, these zesty tacos bring a tasty crunch with their flavorful cabbage slaw.
Serves: 4Prep: 30 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (14 oz.) extra-firm tofu, sliced ¼” thick
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp. lime juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup corn, thawed if frozen
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 8 corn tortillas, toasted
- Drain tofu on paper towels. Once most of the moisture is removed, place in a rimmed dish.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice, lime zest, garlic, onion powder, paprika, cumin, ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper; add tofu. Allow to marinate 20-40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine cabbage, corn, white wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon lime juice, 1 teaspoon honey and ¼ teaspoon salt.
- In a blender, combine avocado, apple cider vinegar, water, lemon juice and cilantro. Blend until thickened.
- Heat a grill pan to medium heat; cook the tofu 1-2 minutes per side.
- Add tofu to tortillas and top with cabbage mixture and avocado cream. Refrigerate leftovers.