Grilled Tofu Satay
Add some Thai flavor to your next cookout with these sweet and spicy plant-based, protein-packed skewers.
Serves: 3Prep: 50 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (14 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ Extra Firm Tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, zested
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 bamboo skewers, soaked in water at least 20 minutes
- Sweet Chili Sauce, for dipping
- On paper towel-lined plate, arrange tofu. Top with additional paper towels and a second plate weighted with a heavy pan at least 30 minutes.
- Cut tofu into 12 cubes.
- In shallow dish, whisk together oil, cilantro, lime zest, salt and garlic powder. Toss tofu cubes gently to coat. Let marinade at room temperature at least 15 minutes or in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Skewer seasoned tofu cubes.
- Oil grill grates. Grill skewers 10 to 15 minutes, turning once, until nicely marked.
- Serve grilled tofu with sweet chili sauce. Refrigerate leftovers.