Grilled Jerk Cauliflower Wings with Plums
This plant-based twist on wings is loaded with spicy flavor and complemented by caramelized fruit and a cooling dipping sauce.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup thick coconut cream, from 1 can Simple Truth Organic™ Coconut Milk
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp. orange juice
- 1⁄4 tsp. garlic powder
- 3⁄4 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 3 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tbsp. Simple Truth Organic™ Jamaican Inspired Jerk Powder
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 4 ripe but firm plums, cut in half, pits discarded
- Tip: Freeze the leftover portion of the coconut milk in ice cube trays and use in smoothies or sauces.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat (400°F).
- In a bowl, stir together coconut milk, cilantro, orange juice, garlic and salt until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a separate bowl, toss together cauliflower florets, avocado oil, jerk powder and orange zest.
- Oil grill grates. Place cauliflower on the grill. Cook 15-18 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender-crisp.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking add plums to the grill, cut sides down, and grill until nicely marked, 3-5 minutes.
- Serve cauliflower and plums with cilantro-coconut dipping sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers.