Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Fresh herbs and garlic is all you need for a delicious sauce that will take your steak to the next level.
Serves: 5Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup packed fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 fresh corn on the cob; husks removed
- 2 red bell peppers, cut in half, seeds removed
- In the bowl of a food processor, add parsley, cilantro, oregano, garlic, jalapeno, canola oil, vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pulse until blended.
- Heat gas grill to medium heat or charcoal until ashes are white.
- Season flank steak with oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place on the grill cook 4-6 minutes, flip and cook another 3-5 minutes until internal temperature reaches 145°F. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile grill corn and peppers turning as needed until lightly charred on all sides.
- Slice steak into thin strips across the grain. Serve with chimichurri sauce and grilled vegetables.
- Refrigerate leftovers.