Grilled Brown Sugar Chicken and Shrimp
Marinating the chicken and shrimp makes for a mouthwatering meal. This surf and turf take on dinner is perfect for a romantic evening at home or for the whole family to enjoy.
Serves: 2Prep: 1 hour 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 cups cooked rice, to serve
- Fresh parsley, chopped, to serve
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour half of the marinade into a small bowl.
- Place chicken breasts into one bowl and coat with marinade. Refrigerate and allow to marinate 1-4 hours.
- Place shrimp in the other bowl and coat with marinade. Refrigerate and allow to marinate 1-4 hours.
- When ready to cook, heat grill to medium heat. Place chicken on the grill and cook 6-8 minutes on each side, until an internal temperature reaches 165°F. Allow to rest until serving.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers and place on grill. Cook 2-3 minutes on each side, until pink and opaque.
- Serve chicken and shrimp with rice. Top with fresh parsley and refrigerate leftovers.