Goat Cheese & Veggie Tart
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 medium Spanish onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 Vermont Creamery Crème Fraîche
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 4 ounces Comté, coarsely grated
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Set puff pastry in cool place to thaw.
- In pan over low-medium heat, heat olive oil and half the butter. Add sliced onions, fennel, salt and pepper to taste; cook about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- When onions and fennel start to stick, add white balsamic vinegar. Stir in remaining butter and red peppers; cook on medium-low until peppers are slightly softened, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk together crème fraîche and eggs until smooth. Crumble goat cheese into bowl, whisking until smooth. Stir in Comté. Salt and pepper to taste.
- On large baking sheet, lay both pastry dough sheets to form a long rectangle. Gently press sheets together at seam. Use fork to make small holes in dough.
- Spread half the onion, fennel and red pepper mix over dough. Pour over egg and cheese mixture. Top with remaining vegetables.
- Bake 30–40 minutes, until browned. Serve immediately or let cool.