Ginger Apple Salad
Not only are raw apple cider vinegar and ginger loaded with nutritional benefits, they also happen to taste great in tandem. Mixed together and drizzled over a blend of greens, apples and asparagus, this better-for-you meal is loaded with delicious flavor.
Serves: 4Prep: 14 minutesCook: 6 minutesTotal: 20 minutes
- 1 cup Simple Truth™ Sliced Raw Almonds
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces Simple Truth Organic™ 50/50 Salad Blend Mix
- 1 bunch asparagus, thinly sliced on a bias, woody ends discarded
- 2 Simple Truth Organic™ Honeycrisp Apples, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On baking sheet, toss almonds with tamari and sesame oil. Bake 6-8 minutes or until toasted.
- Whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, shallot, ginger, mustard, salt and pepper.
- In large bowl, combine salad greens, asparagus and apples. Toss with desired amount of dressing.
- To serve, top with tamari almonds.
- Refrigerate leftovers.