Chorizo Black Bean Burrito Bar
Your crowd will go wild for a DIY burrito bar! Our all-star toppings lineup features guacamole, salsa, cheese, pickled jalapeños and shredded lettuce, to name a few.
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 4 hoursTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped, divided
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound chorizo sausage
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) Kroger® Black Beans, drained
- 1 can (10 oz. each) Kroger® Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 cup uncooked Kroger® Long Grain White Rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kroger® Garlic Powder
- 1 can (8 oz.) Kroger® Tomato Sauce
- 8 Kroger® Burrito Size Tortillas
- Toppings: guacamole, salsa, sour cream, shredded Mexican blend cheese, pickled jalapeños and shredded lettuce
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook garlic, ½ onion, bell pepper and chorizo until chorizo is crumbly and cooked through. Drain off excess fat.
- In a slow cooker, combine chorizo mixture with beans, tomatoes and 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook on low for 4 or more hours.
- Before you are ready to serve, make the rice. In a medium saucepan combine rice, water, remaining ½ onion, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, chili powder, garlic powder and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer about 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Set up bar with toppings in bowls, tortillas, rice and chorizo mixture. Serve and enjoy.