Blackberry Champagne Sparkler
Put a twist on your classic bubbly! Flavorful blackberries make this simple and delicious drink a wonderful toast for your romantic celebration.
- 1⁄4 honey (in a ramekin)
- 1⁄4 silver or gold sugar sprinkles (in a second ramekin)
- 2 containers blackberries (1 cup will be for the syrup)
- 5 sprigs rosemary
- 1 bottle Champagne
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Place 1 cup blackberries, sugar and 1 cup Champagne in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, then let it simmer for 12-15 minutes. The berries will turn bright in color and the ingredients should begin to turn to a syrupy consistency.
- Remove the berries after 12-15 minutes and separate them from the syrup. Let the syrup sit for about 10 minutes so it thickens a bit more.
- Dip the rim of your Champagne flute into the honey while you’re waiting on the syrup, then dip it into the sparkly sugar. Make sure you dip the rim lightly into the honey so it doesn't drip down the sides of the glass.
- Pour the Champagne into a glass when the rims of your glass are nice and sparkly, about ¾ full.
- Add 4 tablespoons of the blackberry syrup to each glass. Do this slowly. You want to make sure it doesn’t spill over the glass.
- Add a sprig of rosemary to each glass and drop in 2 fresh blackberries.