Bacon Bloody Mary
Give your bloody Mary a boost with smoky bacon…a fitting ingredient for brunch!
Serves: 12Prep: 15 minutesCook: 12 hoursTotal: 12 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups vodka
- 3 tablespoons rendered bacon fat
- 1 tablespoon Kroger® Celery Salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked sea salt
- 12 lemon slices
- 1 gallon bloody Mary mix
- 12 crispy bacon slices, for garnish if desired
- In a quart-size mason jar, shake together vodka and bacon fat. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10-12 hours, shaking occasionally. Chill and strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove fat.
- Mix celery and smoked salt and place on a shallow plate; set aside.
- To make drink, rub a lemon slice on the rim of a pint glass. Dip in salt mixture.
- Fill the glass with ice. Add 2 ounces bacon vodka and top with bloody Mary mix. Stir to combine. Garnish with bacon slice if desired.
- Serve immediately. Store remaining bacon vodka in a glass container with a tight lid at room temperature.
- Tip: Cook bacon, reserving slices for drink garnish and using fat to flavor the vodka. One package of bacon should render enough fat for the recipe.