Agua Fresca de Limón y Chan (Fresh Limeade with Chia Seeds)
Since ancient times, chia seeds have been an important food staple in Mexico and Central America, lauded for their omega-3 content. This agua fresca is an easy and tasty way to enjoy their nutritional powers.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 tablespoons Simple Truth™ Black Chia Seeds
- 1 quart water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- In pitcher, combine chia seeds and water. Let rest 15 minutes, stirring once or twice with a fork to loosen the seeds.
- Stir in sugar till dissolved. Stir in lime juice.
- To serve, pour evenly into tall, ice-filled glasses. Garnish with lime.