5-Ingredient Chicken Enchiladas
Making a home-cooked meal from scratch doesn’t have to mean being in the kitchen for hours. In fact, there are so many delicious meals you can make with just a handful of basic ingredients, like these 5-Ingredient Chicken Enchiladas.
Not only are these family-friendly, but they are time and budget-friendly, too. They’re made even easier by utilizing a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken. We love whipping up a batch of chicken enchiladas for those nights when we don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen but still want to prepare something homemade.
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 can (10 oz.) enchilada sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 can green chiles
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, salsa and sour cream, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove meat from the bones of the whole rotisserie chicken and dice. Discard bones and skin.
- In a large bowl, mix diced chicken, 1½ cups shredded cheese, green chiles and ½ cup enchilada sauce.
- Divide chicken-cheese filling evenly between 8 tortillas (about ½ cup in each tortilla). Roll each tortilla tightly and place seam-side down in a 9”x12” baking dish.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas and top with cheese (add ½ cup or more, according to taste).
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is hot and bubbly and internal temperature has reached 165°F. Top with fresh cilantro, salsa, or sour cream, if desired. Refrigerate covered and eat any leftovers within 2-3 days.