Prep – 60 mins | Cook – 75 mins | Total – 120 mins | Servings - 12
- 12 large corn husks
- 2 cups masa harina (golden corn flour)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch™ cereal
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 12 tablespoons dulce de Leche (from 13.4 oz can)
- Submerge corn husks in deep bowl of warm water, and let stand until pliable, at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix masa harina, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until well combined. Add canola oil. Dough will be crumbly.
- In blender, combine cereal, milk and vanilla. Cover; blend on high speed 30 to 60 seconds or until smooth. Add mixture to masa harina mixture in bowl; gently stir until incorporated.
- Drain corn husks; pat dry with paper towels. In each corn husk, place 1/3 cup dough in center; spreading out slightly, making indentation in center with back of spoon. Place 1 tablespoon of the dulce de leche on center of dough on each.
- Using corn husk, push dough around filling to enclose.
- Fold tapered end of corn husk over filling.
- Fold sides in toward center; roll up tightly, leaving tops open.
- Tie tamales with 13-inch strips of cooking twine.
- Set steamer basket inside large pot with water reaching just under steamer basket. Place tamales in steamer vertically, propped against sides of pot, with open tops up; cover with tight-fitting lid. Heat to boiling over high heat, then reduce heat to low; cook 1 hour 5 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes or until tamales are fully cooked. Tamale dough will be firm and hot in center (at least 165°F). Remove from steamer; let stand 5 minutes. Once opened, dough should easily separate from corn husks.
Prep – 15 mins | Cook – 17 mins | Total – 40 mins | Servings - 6
- 1 box (15.6 oz) Cinnamon Toast Crunch™ Complete Pancake Kit
- Water or milk called for on pancake kit box
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup from 1 tub (16 oz) Betty Crocker™ Cinnamon Toast Crunch™ Frosting
- 2 medium bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 1 1/4 cups)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir pancake mix, water or milk, and eggs with fork or whisk until well blended.
- Sprinkle Cinnadust™ over batter in bowl. Gently stir into batter about 6 to 8 times (do not mix in completely). Pour into pan, and spread evenly.
- Bake 14 to 17 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes. In small microwavable bowl, place frosting. Microwave uncovered on High 15 to 20 seconds or until frosting is thin enough to drizzle. Dip fork into frosting, and drizzle half of the frosting over pancake. Top with banana slices and cereal topping; drizzle remaining warmed frosting over top.