Vitacost Synergy Aged Garlic Extract with Red Yeast Rice
What is Aged Garlic Extract?
Aged Garlic Extract is a garlic supplement that also supplies red yeast rice. Garlic (Allium sativum) is a plant native to Asia, used for centuries for both culinary and health purposes. Garlic bulbs, the most commonly used part of the plant, contain numerous phytochemicals, including a substance called alliin.
Alliin is a sulfur-containing compound derived from the amino acid cysteine. It is the precursor to another compound, allicin, believed to be the primary active ingredient in garlic. Aged garlic extract is made by fermenting garlic cloves for up to two years in order to break down allicin into useable compounds.
Red yeast rice is a naturally derived extract also used in Asia for its health-promoting properties.* It consists of the by-product formed when cooked, non-glutinous rice is covered by a growth of red yeast and then undergoes the process of fermentation.
What are the key benefits of Synergy Aged Garlic Extract with Red Yeast Rice?
- Garlic supports cardiovascular health and platelet function*
- Garlic maintains healthy cholesterol levels within normal limits*
- Garlic can support blood pressure within normal limits when added to a healthy diet and regular exercise*
- Garlic supports the health of the colon, prostate and endothelial tissue*
- Garlic protects against lipid oxidation*
- Red yeast rice supports cardiovascular health*
- Red yeast rice supports a healthy lipid profile already within normal range*
- Red yeast rice may help maintain lipid cholesterol levels already within the normal range*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ratings and Reviews
King Soopers is not responsible for the content provided in customer ratings and reviews. For more information, visit our Terms and Conditions.
ReviewsAverage Customer Rating5(5)4(2)3(0)2(0)1(0)