Vitacost ROOT2 Maitake Mushroom Extract - Standardized
What is Maitake Mushroom Extract?
Maitake Mushroom Extract is a high-quality supplement that supplies 500 mg of maitake mushroom extract, standardized to 25% polysaccharides, per single-capsule serving.
Mushrooms are classified as fungi (plants without roots, leaves, seeds or flowers that don’t require sunlight to grow) rather than vegetables, and have been used for both culinary and health purposes for centuries. Compounds found in mushrooms are believed to possess immune-health promoting properties.*
Maitake is a large, edible mushroom that grows in clusters at the base of trees in forests throughout Europe and Canada and in some parts of eastern America and Asia. Known for their rich, earthy, slightly nutty flavor, maitake mushrooms are popular in Japan, China and Korea, eaten both raw and cooked or powdered and incorporated into dietary supplements.
What are the key benefits of ROOT2 Maitake Mushroom Extract - Standardized?
- Maitake mushrooms contain polysacchardies which have been shown in animal studies to have bioactive properties.*
- Mushrooms contain a compound called beta-glucan, which consists of thousands of glucose molecules chemically bound together.
- Animal research on maitake mushrooms (and their beta-glucan constituent, in particular) has been associated with immune function support.*
ROOT2 Maitake Mushroom Extract - Standardized is Rooted in Science, Rooted in Nature.
- Supplies 500 mg of maitake mushroom extract per single-capsule serving
- Standardized to 25% polysaccharides
- Contains 100 servings per container
- High quality, great value!
Potency • Purity • Pride
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.