Vitacost GABA Gamma - Aminobutyric Acid
What is GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid)?
Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) is major neurotransmitter widely distributed throughout the central nervous system (CNS). It’s the most important and widespread inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain.*
GABA helps to prevent over-firing of nerve cells and decreases overall neuron activities in the CNS.* Over-firing can cause restlessness, spasmodic movements, irritability and anxiety.* GABA is also utilized by the brain to create tranquility and calmness through the brain’s metabolic processes.*
What are the key benefits of Vitacost® GABA - Aminobutryic Acid?
- Supports a relaxed state of mind*
- May promote healthy sleep*
- Supports smooth or “involuntary” muscle movement*
- Supports healthy resting growth hormone release after exercise*
- Appears to have a significant influence on the pituitary gland’s hormone secretion, primarily through its hypothalamic effect*
- Non-habit-forming and non-drowsy formula*
- Supplies 500 mg of GABA per single-capsule serving
- Contains 100 servings per bottle
All Vitacost supplements are formulated to deliver the level of support you expect and deserve. Whether you’re shopping Vitacost vitamins, minerals, herbs or other key nutrients, their potency is guaranteed – what’s on the label is what’s in the bottle. Plus, all Vitacost supplements adhere to the FDA’s Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMPs), ensuring that they are manufactured to high standards of POTENCY, PURITY, efficacy and safety.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.