Himalaya Organic Trikatu
Ayurvedic texts described the digestive system as a fire whose responsibility was to transform energy into our own life-force. When we overindulge with food, we can dampen that fire, leaving behind smoldering flames in the form of gas, bloating and occasional heartburn.
To this end, Ayurveda guides us to what is now famously called Trikatu, or three pungents. Comprised of Ginger and two species of Pepper fruit, Trikatu primes the stomach and tones the mucosal lining to safely digest food and assist in the assimilation of nutrients.
• Trikatu literally means "three pungents," it includes the herbs Black Pepper, Indian Long Pepper and Ginger
• Supports the body''s natural cleansing process
• Supports gastric function and digestion
• Supports the bioavailability of other nutrients by supporting normal absorption through the gastrointestinal tract
• Traditional practitioners also use Trikatu to support normal function of the respiratory system and normal urinary tract function