Ultimate Homegating Checklist
Created by: Emily Buys, Clever Housewife
Football season isn’t just about the games. It’s about the good company, food and cheering for your favorite team. If hosting a game day party, you’ll want to make sure to have all the bases covered. Whether it’s the big game or just another Monday night, be sure to go over the ultimate homegating checklist so your guests are sure to have a great time.
- Set up the food table in the same room as the TV to minimize any missed gameplay.
- Supply portable snacks and food.
- Create a hot dog or sandwich bar with all the fixings, so people can build their own dog or sandwich.
- Line pie tins with parchment to use as plates so there’s plenty of room for stacking. Toss the parchment when done and your dishes should still be clean.
- Keep plenty of napkins and moist towelettes nearby for easy cleanup.
- Have cold drinks with lids on hand to prevent spilling.
- Decorate with easy, festive football decor that can be reused year after year. Wear fandom apparel to keep with the theme.
- Supply everyone with disposable plastic wear and tablecloths for easier cleanup. Even better – only serve finger foods so plastic wear isn’t needed.